|resources:||Home Mailing List Installation Source Code Members Screenshots|
- 2007-04-19: v0.9.8 for firefox
- 2005-10-19: v0.9.6 for firefox
- 2004-11-29: v0.9.4 for firefox
- 2004-08-20: v0.9 for firefox
- 2004-07-24: v0.8 for firefox
- 2004-07-19: v0.7 for firefox
- 2004-07-15: v0.5 for firefox
- 2004-07-14: mozilla version
- 2004-07-13: v0.4
- 2004-07-07: v0.3
- 2004-07-05: v0.2
The pagerankstatus project (for Firefox and Mozilla)
Google Pagerank status:
Displays the Google Pagerank in your browser's status bar.
v0.9.8: code fixed (bug not displaying pagerank), cleaned and repacked for FF 1.5-2.0+
Download & install:
v0.9.6: repack to make it work with Firefox 1.5 beta 2
v0.9.4: little bug fix with url encode, and now compatible with FF 1.0
v0.9: many bug fixes and a new nice feature developped by R. Rajesh Jeba Anbiah.
* display the google category, and you can directly open a newtab with that category.
* click on the pagerank picture: left mouse button will open the new tab window with the category, and right mouse button to switch the state (enable/disable)
* tooltip now shows only the category name, and pagerank number is displayed directly on the picture.
* while in disabled state, firefox crashed when opening a window with a javascipt function and statusbar=0. it is now fixed.
* new filters for the 'locahost' and private ip adresses.
R. Rajesh Jeba Anbiah did a great work (thanks again :) ), and cleaned to code too.
v0.8: the enabled/disabled state is now stored in the browser's preferences. each new window will be opened with the latest state. you may have 2 windows, one with the pagerank enabled, one with the pagerank disabled.
v0.7: i strongly encourage you to download the v0.7.
* i implemented a dynamic cache to store the pagerank we already have from google, so that it don't sends the request more than once. (each browser instance has is own cache). there is no cache limit for the moment, so the cache will grow until you close the window. i may fix that if it's a problem but there is only 2 int stored per URL,it's not so big
* enable/disable the pagerank: you can click on the pagerank picture to enable or disable the pagerank. When disabled, the pagerank is empty, and tooltip='Disabled'; no requests are sent to google.
* i added a filter when you are on google sites, no request is sent. (the IE googlebar displays 0 anyway and it will not fill the cache for nothing)
* it seems that the IE googlebar cuts the URL when sending the request (http://www.foo.com/index.php?var=1& ... becomes http://www.foo.com/index.php?), the checksum differs and the pagerank too. now it is fixed.
v0.6: was a buggy version, see v0.7 for new features.
v0.5 for firefox (mozilla version coming in a few days)
* bug fix: there was a problem with URL containing a '+', i fixed the urlencode function.
* queries are now only sent for URL begining with 'http', n/a displayed for the others (https, ftp, file,...)
v0.4: a little bug fix, v0.3 were asking several times the pagerank to google. with v0.4, only 1 request on each location change. note that the request is also done on each tab change.
v0.3 is the first final version, showing the pagerank as the real googlebar. older version displayed the pagerank with a text, now it is a small picture (see screenshot section).
How it works?
On each location change, a checksum is calculated (thanks to theses guys who did the asm->php work : http://alex.vort-x.net/google/
then a query is sent to google.com, exactly as the googlebar. the result contains the pagerank.
Note: Feel free to add your comments / bug reports